Monday, February 14, 2011

My Happiness Jar

When I was in therapy (one of several times) my therapist gave me some glass markers and a large mason jar. She told me to make a happiness jar. A jar which I would fill with thoughts and sayings which I could pull out and read when I was feeling depressed and unhappy. I picked up a little jar filled with multi-colored stars at a garage sale and some time or other I put the stars into the happiness jar. Then later on, my brother and his girlfriend sent me a little box filled with the same kind of multicolored stars, which I added to the happiness jar. When stumbling around on etsy, I discovered that this type of star was called a lucky star and was made by folding strips of paper over and over and shaping it into a star. What a cool thing! Origami stars! So I decided to learn how to make my own lucky stars and work on filling my Happiness Jar FULL of little lucky stars.

1 comment:

  1. I totally get this Julia. . . . Love color, love origami, love beautiful displays. What a cool thing!!

    ReplyDelete